Mermaid Tail Details
Fascinate your friends and family with this sophisticated, impressive choice. Splashes of midnight blue fade to softer shades of blue providing texture and variation on this beautiful mermaid tail. Speckles and ribbons of shiny blue shimmer across the tail like a starry night sky or bubbles in the ocean.
This fabric is tie-dyed to minimize the fading effects of sun, chlorine, and wear. Although it has voluminous texture, this high quality fabric feels smooth to the touch, and is tightly woven to maximize durability. The fabric is 80% nylon and 20% spandex (elastane). Disclaimer: Because the fabric is tie-dyed the color may slightly bleed out in the water. This is normal.
- GREAT BUY!Review by Tara_4evr
- I bought this tail 1 year ago and it is still in perfect condition. I am thinking of ordering another tail but I don't know which since there is so many wonderful tails. I think this is a great buy for anybody young or old. (Posted on 4/30/2015)
- The best gift!Review by Maia
This is a really good product, yet it has some defects.
It't really easy to learn
you can swim in it with out a monofin or with one
They are really cheap and great for kids
Its Easy to use the monofin with the tails
They have alot of colors for the tail
The stitching will come undone but this does not effect the swim time
you have to learn the Dolphin kick way before you can even use your tail
it's kinda hard to get in and out of a pool Even harder if you swim in a tall above ground pool
You can add a stronger stitch so it wont come off
Over all i think this is a Epic tail!
(Posted on 4/25/2015)
- HappyReview by Gabbie
- I got my tail about a year ago. I swam with it on in the ocean and a pool. My synchronize swimming team even had me swim with it on for our Peter pan show. Everyone loves it and wants to know where I got it. I'm 15 and even some 18 year olds asked. This tail is fun and caught many eyes. I love my fin fun mermaid tail. (Posted on 2/26/2015)
- Overall a great productReview by Phaylenn
I ordered a custom size tail in the Caribbean Blue. I love it and swim in it all the time.
My only issue is with the cut. When I got the tail it was cut to my exact waist, including the elastic band, so standing on dry ground it sat gently on my waist. If I moved it started to slide. So I took it in at both seams, 4 inches total. It sat much more snug but when I got it in the water it still started to slip with even a slow, gentle swim. Once it dried I made a new waistband with my own elastic. I only needed 12 inches of elastic to make the waist snug enough to stay up while swimming.
Other than that I do love it and am definitely going to buy another tailskin soon (Posted on 2/8/2015)
- 12 tails giveaway!!!Review by Mermaid Miah
- I just received my carribian blue tail that I won off of the 12 tails givaway that finfun was having!!! I was a little worried I wouldn't like it because I am more into their scale pattern tails, but when i opened the box I was super happy! their was a mermaid poster board with all of the mermaidens on it, a new monofin which I have to admit it was a kind of hard to get my feet into but it works! AND THE TAIL WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Its sparkly and a really pretty blue! Thank you soooo much finfun mermaid :D (Posted on 1/16/2015)
- memoriesReview by Vanessa from south florida
I love this tale ever since my grandpa died a few months ago I remember what he got for my birthday a few years ago. I will always cherish this tale for the memory of my grandpa . Thank you grandpa for really making my dreams come true
Thanks fin-fun and grandpa,
Your grandaughter and customer.
(Posted on 1/13/2015)
- sirene du sudReview by anais
- Je suis française et j adore cette queue ! J ai aussi la sunset, la asia magenta, la artic blue et la mallibu pink. Vos queue sont vraiment magnifique (Posted on 12/8/2014)
- best thing everReview by hanny
- i love my tail its a carribean blue color.i think its the best.i took my first swim in a chlorine pool it got a bit pale but you barely notice its so cool. you should get one too.#awesome tail (Posted on 12/2/2014)
- Best thing inventedReview by Mermaids_15
- I have this tail and it's the best thing ever!!! I put it on in the bathtub and even just sitting on the couch!!!! Love it, keep up the good work (Posted on 12/1/2014)
- Great!!Review by CoraMer
- This tail is amazing. When I first got it, the box was not taped up on one side, it was crushed, and there were holes on the top so, i thought made it was damaged at first.The actual tail is a nice color, and has lots of shimmer.It is beautiful on land, in the water, in sunlight, dim light, everything.Most younger kids just think the seams are designs. My favorite part would be the design because in some light it is a bright silver and in other light it is a bright glowing blue.However, after my first swim in a chlorine, it became a bit paler and for me, when I try to lift up my feet/monofin/fluke, you can see my toes trough it.Other than that it is amazing and I would most definitely recommend t to everyone. (Posted on 9/10/2014)
- awesome, beautiful, little hard to get on though 90/100Review by MermaidLover
- I love this tail got it for my b-day. hard 2 get on but worth it. very shimmery. defanitly recommend (Posted on 8/22/2014)
- perfectionReview by 80
- OMG!!!!!!! i love my mermaid tail. i go to my sisters friends dock thats on a lake and i go and swim off of there. my friend does not have one but we are encouraging her to get one as soon as possible!! Soon she will be trying my mermaid tail at sprout lake! she is really excited and she should be they are so much fun. Thank you Fin Fun Mermaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3 (Posted on 7/19/2014)
- FantasticReview by Lovelucky_lovemermaid
I have februari 2014 buyed a mermaid tail. It is fantastic. Your flying into the water. I see that 50% of the mermeid tails have a name. For the carribean blue have i a name: amy's carribean blue mermaid tail.
Ps. Im from the netherlands (Posted on 7/4/2014)
- Epic Review by Mer angel
When me and my friend ordered these tails my mum said they would be stiff and hard to swim in but when we got them they were awsome! My friend has a pool in her back garden and we swam in it and they looked beautiful in and out of the water our mums were shocked to find they were awsome and the mono fins were flexible and you couldn't even see them! And then next week we went to the pool and all the little girls asked if we were mermaids and even a few teens asked us to it was SOOO!!! Fun
Thanks for making girls dreams come true!!! (Posted on 7/1/2014)
- BOOM! EPICNESS!!Review by RockTheScales
I got my FinFun mermaid tail for Christmas 2013. I got to swim with it in the water park's lap pool and it was AMAZING! I was a lot faster! (The monofin even fit my dad's huge feet!) The monofin was very comfortable and easy to swim in. Then, when I went to Palm Springs, California, I swam in it again. I went to a bigger pool and a whole bunch of kids asked if I was a real mermaid (I said yes)! Then, when I went to the Colorado River, I swam in it AGAIN! But, guess what... my monofin got a crease. I didn't realize it because I was having too much fun. Then it broke. I tried to fix it with duct tape. It lasted for another hour. Now I can't use it anymore, but it definitely lasted a long time! And NOW my tail skin is ripping where my knees and ankles are. I'm ordering the same tail soon! I made get the blue Mermaiden one, but this tail is still my FAVORITE!
My tail and monofin lasted a long time, and I definitely got my money's worth! I recommend FinFunMermaid to ANYONE who wishes to buy a mermaid tail! Thanks FinFun! (Posted on 6/25/2014)
- GreatReview by Stephanie
- I LOVE THE WAY THE TAIL SHIMMERS WHEN THE LIGHTS HIT IT. The tail looks nice. I think that the scales that fin fun put on there tail are a little tacky. I think that a dark blue is the BEST color for a mermaid. Bright colors look a little weird. The tail is AWSOME. Get the Tail with Monfin it makes the tail better. I think u need to get both tail and monfin to have the best time. FinFun this is your best tail i think u need to show it off more cause its ur best (Posted on 6/19/2014)
- GreatReview by Kathryn
- My friend makayla got this tail and she loved it. At her birthday party she let me try it on and it was very comfortable and beautiful. Now I'm even thinking of getting my own! I reccomend this tail to anybody who can swim. (Posted on 6/18/2014)
- You have got to get one!Review by Fin Fun FAN
- Last year I found Fin Fun Mermaid and I so badly wanted one, but it was already the end of summer. I spent the next three months debating wether or not I truly wanted one. (Being a teenager it's hard to have confidence when playing with a "kids" toy) So I got it for Christmas and I got this tail and my sister got the Caribbean Sunset. (To be honest, I was a bit jealous because hers was gorgeous!) So finally summer came and I took my first swim. You can swim so fast in these things! The monofin is really light and easy to swim in, the entire time I was swimming the length of the pool in one breath! I got over the whole jealousy thing because the Caribbean Sunset turned brown in the water, which was completely clear! (My guess is the black monofin which you could see through) This tail is absolutely gorgeous and it's brighter in person. When light hits the tail it's absolutely magnificent! Our plan was to make mermaid shows, but we were to busy having fun and were distracted by all of the sparkles that we completely forgot. My only complaint is the end of the tail were the monofin is open. The fabric is lose, so there is stitching on the end, like any other clothing peice. Those stitches or strings began to come loose and actually fell apart. My mom said it was an easy fix. This didn't happen to my sister's tail so maybe I bumped it or it wasn't put together as well. Other than that, our tails were amazing and I definitely recommend this color or the Caribbean Sunset! (Posted on 6/3/2014)
- You have got to get one!Review by Fin Fun Fan
- Last year I found Fin Fun Mermaid and I so badly wanted one, but it was already the end of summer. I spent the next three months debating wether or not I truly wanted one. (Being a teenager it's hard to have confidence when playing with a "kids" toy) So I got it for Christmas and I got this tail and my sister got the Caribbean Sunset. (To be honest, I was a bit jealous because hers was gorgeous!) So finally summer came and I took my first swim. You can swim so fast in these things! The monofin is really light and easy I swim in, the entire time of was swimming the length of the pool in one breath! I got over the whole jealousy thing because the Caribbean Sunset turned brown in the water, which was completely clear! (My guess is the black monofin which you could see through) This tail is absolutely gorgeous and it's brighter in person. When light hits the tail it's absolutely magnificent! Our plan was to make mermaid shows, but we were to busy having fun and were distracted by all of the sparkles that we completely forgot. My only complaint is the end of the tail were the monofin is open. The fabric is lose, so there is stitching on the end, like any other clothing peice. Those stitches or strings began to come loose and actually fell apart. My mom said it was an easy fix. This didn't happen to my sister's tail so maybe I bumped it or it wasn't put together as well. Other than that, our tails were amazing and I definitely recommend this color or the Caribbean Sunset! (Posted on 6/2/2014)
- A+Review by Mako Mermaid
- Great product. I have the Caribbean blue mermaid tail and it looks beautiful in the water. Super fast shipping, I got mine in three days. I recommend this tail and the monofin. Wonderful product. (Posted on 6/2/2014)
- Swiming!Review by Makayla
- I just got back from a lake and for the first time I swam in my tail! Firt a swam with just the monofin then with the tail it propelled me sooooo fast! (Posted on 6/1/2014)
- ShrinkReview by BKayla
Does it shrink when you wash it?
FinFun says: the Caribbean Blue tail is not machine washable, so no it won't shrink. Our new Mermaiden Collection of tails are machine washable, but do not shrink either. Thanks! (Posted on 5/27/2014)
- I hope I get another one :DReview by Foreverfliffi
I orded the purple/pink scale last year and I stil love it!!! It was a little to big though, but we fixed it. My step-sisters want one to :D. They are asking their dad everyday, he gets annoyed by it. He just have to give them one :D
And if they get one I'm ordening this one to. This time with a matching top :p.
Fin fun you are amazing, your tail are beautifull and the pictures don't do the real tails justice. They are lovely to swim and and they are addictieve :D. I'm so happy that I got to know this website. I'm so happy that I got a mermaid tail.
Age doesn't matter. I'm 20, soon to be 21 and these are still amazing. Thanks for making the amazing tails, thanks for making my dream come true!
(Posted on 5/22/2014)
- i love this tailReview by anna
wow just wow this tail is so amazing. i love how the couler looks because there are so many shades of blue because i loved this tail i am going to get a nother one but i do not know what one ariel green or caribbean sunset pleas help me fin fun
anna (Posted on 5/17/2014)
- WowReview by Lilly
Come on the price with this tail is amazing but 1 thing canI stand up in this tail not on pool floor but tread in the water? Please reply
Fin Fun says: Hi Lilly! You can stand up in your tail. Just make sure you don't land on or bounce off of the monofin with it bent under--this can cause a crease that may eventually lead to a broken monofin insert. And it's best not to rub the tail on the rough pool floor because it will cause wear to the bottom of the tail fabric. But you can certainly stand on the pool floor in your tail. Most of all, have fun! (Posted on 5/13/2014)
- ColorReview by Ocean_girl16
Dear fin fun I need help choosing a color of tail and I was wondering what u think would look good I am 11years old have caramel hair with gold flecks brown eyes light skin freckles and I'm as tall as I should be for my age
Fin Fun says: Sounds like you would look beautiful in any of our mermaid tails! Maybe you should pick your favorite colors, send the link to your friends and ask them? (Posted on 4/28/2014)
- :DReview by Madison
This tail looks so pretty! At first I was stuck between the Caribbean Sunset and the Caribbean Blue, but now I really want this one! But I have two questions: do you have to clean the tail after EVERY swim? As for the rough surfaces, in a pool would you still be able to stand, as long as you aren't scraping it on the bottom?
Fin Fun says: Hi Madison! Both our Caribbean colors are beautiful. You just need to rinse the tail out in clean water and hang to dry after each swim. It's best not to leave it hanging in the sun to dry because any fabric will fade in the sun. You can stand in your tail, just don't rub it along rough surfaces. Here's a tip: if you scrape your tail a bit, just take a permanent marker in a similar color and gently color in the any faded or scratched areas. (Posted on 4/27/2014)
- In love with my tailReview by Happy mermaid
I just got this tail and it's the best thing in the world! My two best friends both got them too and we love them. I've been begging my mom to take me swimming so we went today with my friends! It was amazing because no one was there so the entire pool was to ourselves, it was awesome (I took my friend before I bought my tail and the children following us was extreme so it was nice to be alone) we swam forever. But when I got home and my tail dried it was fuzzy in the corners. 1 of my friends is too but hers is fuzzier and it's in more areas. I know it's from rubbing against the pool but I was cautious about that. Maybe I did something without knowing. Is there any other reason this is happening? I'd love to know if this normally happens from being in pools with rough sides, I think it's still going to look amazing when it's wet though :)
Fin Fun says: Unfortunately all fabrics will get a bit fuzzy when they are rubbed against rough surfaces such as pool bottoms and sides. Here's a quick fix tip: take a permanent marker in a matching color and touch up the fuzzies. You won't be able to see them anymore! We're glad you are enjoying your mermaid tail! Have fun! (Posted on 4/25/2014)
- Mermaid MonofinsReview by Mermaid Zoe
I was just wondering if the monofins are hard to put into the tail. I haven't seen this question before, so I needed to know. Also, might you have a video on HOW to put the monofins in?
Fin Fun says: They're easy peasy! Watch the video on the left side of our home page at FinFunMermaid.com to see how to do it. Or check out our YouTube channel at youtube.com/finfunmermaid for more videos. (Posted on 4/25/2014)
- Fantastic!Review by Mermaidgirl
- I just got this tail and it is awesome, it looks like i am a real mermaid! I have wanted this tail for so long and it is worth it! The color is beautiful! The only thing is that for Canada the shipping is $30! You HAVE to get this tail! (Posted on 4/23/2014)
- Help!!Review by Adeline
Hey my name is Adeline and I've been wanting a tail since October of 2013!!!!! I was just wondering if you could quickly answer this question and if you can't I understand. I'm having a bit of trouble choosing the kind of color I want... I have olive skin and brown hair and brown eyes. The colors that I've liked for a while were the Caribbean blue and the Gold. If you can PLEASE help with this struggle. Also if you can I was wondering how long shipping can take?? (Moms question)
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR MAKING MY CHILDHOOD DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!!!!
Fin Fun says: The best place to get advice like that is to ask other Fin Fun fans over at our Facebook page: facebook.com/finfunmermaid Lots of our customers post about their tails there, so you're sure to get some great feedback. Your shipping questions can be answered on our Questions page. http://www.finfunmermaid.com/faq
Thanks! (Posted on 4/22/2014)
- monofin material and questionsReview by oceangirl_16
Dear fin fun i just have a few questions
1. what material is the mono fin made out of? because i have another monofin thats made out of plastic thats kinda heavy (this relates to the next question) and it also slips of my feet while im swimming,
2. does the monofin slip off your feet while swimming?
3. can i swim in the tail and monofin anywhere like the ocean because im going to australia over the summer and i wanted to swim in it there
4. what if you get a tail that the color is already comeing off can u ship it back?
5. if you get the swimsuit do you have to get the matching bottoms or can you use other swimsuit bomms?
thanks fin fun
Fin Fun says: Hi there! 1.) Our monofin is made of an extremely flexible, yet durable type of plastic with a neoprene cover over it to hold your feet in place. 2.) It shouldn't slip off your feet while swimming unless you are a small child and you are using our Monofin Pro (adult size). 3.) Our tails and monofins can be used in any type of water--ocean, pool, bathtub--doesn't matter at all ;) 4.) You can find out about our return policy on our Questions page: www.finfunmermaid.com/faq 5.) If you get the matching bottoms, then you have a complete, matching swimsuit when you take the tail off. (Posted on 4/19/2014)
- Dear Mexico Mermaid...Review by Caribbean Mermaid
Hi! Im 15 and have a Caribbean Sunset mermaid tail! I know exactly what you mean by "if you are a teen don't be afraid to follow your dreams!" because I was SOOOOO excited when I got my tail, but a couple of my friends thought it was a bit childish, but everyone else thought it was amazing. One time I was at the beach, and there was a girl, about 15-16, and her friend ran up to her and sail "theres a girl in a mermaid tail, and she's like a teenager too" and the other one said "is she real?" I couldn't stop laughing! have you ever had people think you're real (apart from little kids, who always ask if im real!)?
Fin Fun says: Great question! You should join the conversation over at our Facebook page and see what our other fans have to say: www.facebook.com/finfunmermaid (Posted on 4/16/2014)
- TroublesReview by Manatee girl
My sparkles are rubbing off leaving a golden resinew also why doesn't my tail have a black inside like the ones I saw on YouTube
Fin Fun says: Contact our customer service at email@example.com and they'll take great care of you. (Posted on 4/14/2014)
- Couple of questionsReview by Sirena
I was thinking of getting this tail for my birthday in May. Hopefully I will and I have a few questions.
One, if we aren't happy with our tail or it comes poorly shipped (not saying it will or we will) do we get a refund? Two, what sort of waters can these tails cope with? Five, how long does shipping take? Six, are you making more cloths?
Thnx u guys are the best. Thnx for making dreams come true
Fin Fun says: Woah! That's alot of questions :) No problem, though. Just head over to our Frequently Asked Questions page (on the top bar of the website, click "Questions") and you should be able to find all the info you need. Thanks! (Posted on 3/29/2014)
- Need HELP!Review by So Lost
Hello Fin Fun,
I really want 2 tail for my birthday and I've already saved up enough money for both but my pool is only like 3.5 ft deep. In all the videos I've seen, the pools are really deep. So, what do I do? Is it okay? Is there any place where I can swim in it?
PS- If you know what the YMCA is, then do you think I can swim in it there? If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please dis-regard. Thanks
Fin Fun: 3 1/2 feet deep is just fine swimming in one of our tails. You will still have a lot of fun. (Posted on 3/29/2014)
- Quick Question :)Review by Mazzamaid<3
Hello! I just purchased one of your tails off of ebay with the monofin already included but I noticed since the tails were made of spandex and nylon if it was possible to sew on somewhat of a chiffon material to make the tail more flowy & more like that really thin part of a fishes fin at the tip, or a see through transparent type of cloth to attach etc.
What I'm initialing trying to ask is after I receive my tail can I make attachments to it and decorate it to my own desire if it doesn't add to much weight to it??
Fin Fun says: There shouldn't be any problem with sewing a lightweight fabric on to our mermaid tails. We won't be able to warranty any changes you make, but it sounds really cool! Be sure to post photos of your creation on our Facebook and Pinterest pages! Facebook.com/finfunmermaid and Pinterest.com/finfunmermaid. You can even post them on Instagram and hashtag #finfunmermaid. Can't wait to see what you come up with! (Posted on 3/26/2014)
- What color should I get?Review by Kokobuns
Hey guys! I LOVE your tails they are SOOOO beautiful! I just can't decide what color to get! I have dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, and my skin is light. It isn't really pale but it's not that tan. I was thinking of getting the Diamond Shimmer but I'm not sure. Can you please give me some advice? Thanks!!!
Fin Fun says: You'll look beautiful in any of our tails! Send a link to your friends and ask them for their opinions :) Have fun! (Posted on 3/21/2014)
- Best thing ever!!!Review by Mexico Mermaid
Can I just say that I LOVE this tail!! The Caribbean Blue is so pretty and looks so realistic! I got the monofin with mine and it helps me swim so well and fast. I never want to take it off! I have had so many people ask me where I got it and of course I said Fin Fun! Swimming in the tail is so much fun and I truly feel like a mermaid! I am 15 years old and I got this tail, so don't feel bad if you are a teen and still want to dream!! Thanks!
Fin Fun: Thank you, Mexico Mermaid! Many of our customers are "older mermaids" so we agree with you that Everyone deserves to dream. We sell hundreds of tails to women who dream too and even love to swim with their daughters and sons. It is so fun! (Posted on 3/20/2014)
- Questions.Review by mermaidlover
so I am thinking about getting a Caribbean Blue tail and swim suit, but I have a few questions. If I were to buy it with out the suit and just get a swim top would I need a bottom? What does the inside look like? I need to know in order to get my tail. Please answer, I need to know. thx.
Fin Fun: This is a very good question! You need to wear a bottom as the mermaid tail fits over your swimming suit. There is no bottom inside. (Posted on 3/15/2014)
- Just AskingReview by Kendra
do your tails come with a top or do you have to buy it separately .
Fin Fun: We sell the tops separately. The tops are high quality and fully lined. We do not make cheap products but we sell at really good prices. No cheap way of doing things for us! (Posted on 3/15/2014)
- why are the mono fins not ATTACHED?Review by jay jay
i am very interested in buying a tail, but i would be even more interested if the mono is attached! why isnt it?
Fin Fun: We give you the option to choose whether you want a monofin or not. Several of our customers have multiple tails but they need only one of our monofins as it fits perfectly in all of them. We give always believe in helping to save you money and we give you a choice of what fits. We hope this helps. Check out our videos to see how easy it is to wear a monofin with our tails. (Posted on 3/14/2014)
- Best Tail EverReview by Mermaid Tara
Thanks so much Fin Fun. The Carribean Blue tail is the best tail ever. It shipped and got to my house quickly. It is super comfortable. It is the most beautiful tail in the world.
Expect some more customers.
Mermaid Tara (Posted on 3/14/2014)
- Does the color fade?Review by Sarabara800
Hey guys I love your tails I might be getting one but I don't know yet. I was just wondering does the color fade? I'm getting the Caribbean Blue tail with a monofin and was wondering will the color fade in certain types of water? Thanks
Fin Fun: Our Caribbean Blue is an excellent tail and like any fabric that is used in a pool, it may fade over time. We are sure you will be happy with it. (Posted on 3/10/2014)
- WowReview by Mermaid Eve
Wow these tails look so real and soo awesome I'm getting one soon and i hope its everything im wishing for you guys are afordable and the tails r just so cool u guys are awesome keep up the good work :D and one question would the tails be better off to hand wash then in a machine?
Fin Fun: Yes. We recommend you wash them by hand. (Posted on 2/25/2014)
- ?????!!Review by Bella h20
I was just wondering about the quality of the tails as far a putting them into a river. I live along the Hudson River and my family owns a boat we boat all the time and it might seem gross but I love to jump in for a swim for the upcoming summer I was wondering if there would be anything wrong with washing it and putting it through the drier or any damage form the river especially a river like the Hudson thanks for answering questions and responding bella h20.
Fin Fun: It should be fine, but we suggest you rinse it afterword with cold water. Follow the directions that come with the package and it will last. (Posted on 2/17/2014)
- helpReview by C.J
- I just got the scale green tail with pro mono fin and its awesome, and im stuck on picking another color, cause my dad told me I can get another cloth so im trying to choose a color and im think about the dark blue one cause ihave more of a pale skin color (Posted on 2/14/2014)
- price confusingReview by Emma
so i'm not worried about how much the tail is i can totally afford it but i was kinda confused and i had some questions.
first does a matching mermaid top come with it?
the price thing said from $49.95 to $107.90 then it said price configured was $94.90 that makes no sense to me.
will it cost even for for shipping? does the size u get change the price? please answer i really wanted to get one this summer and i want to figure out the price and talk to my parents about it! thanks Emma.
Fin Fun: Yes, Emma. The price does change based on the size and that is why it gives a range of prices. (Posted on 2/12/2014)
- a couple questionsReview by love mermaids.girl
i have a couple questions:
1.when you're swimming with it, does water get in?
2.is it hard to put on?
3.can you hold on to the railing or do you always need to swim?4.when your swimming is it hard to go up to the top?
5. is it so heavy that you may drown with it?
1. Yes, water passes through the fabric much like a swim suit. Our tails and monofins are the lightest out there.
2. It is not hard to put on, especially if it is dry. If it is wet it can be a little clingy to your skin, but it isn't too bad.
3. Our monofin is made of the highest quality neoprene available so it is a extremely light and buoyant so it helps negate the weight of the monofin. There is nothing else like it in the world and you will love it. You can easily stand on the bottom of the pool and rest with the monofin on or swimming without one. Our tails have holes that allow your feet to come and and touch the bottom of the pool.
4. Our tails are light (like a swim suit) and the monofin is the best in the industry. Read the comments from our customers and we think you will love it. Of course please use adult supervision and be sure you only swim in water depth according to your ability. (Posted on 2/5/2014)
- Monofin Review by Julianna
I love pretending to be a mermaid me and my cousins pretend all, summer long . Just one problem we don't have tails so this year for our birthdays we would ask for them. None of are parents have enough money to buy the monofins along with them
So my question is without the monofins are they still just as magical and good in the water ps I love the blue and that's what I'm getting
Fin Fun: We know for some it is not possible to afford a monofin which is why we allow you to purchase one or not. They are still very fun and you can add a monofin later. (Posted on 2/5/2014)
- DO THEY WASH??Review by hi
when you are done swimming in it can you wash them in the washing machine, and 2 question, how long does it take to dry?
Please Reply!!! :)
Fin Fun: We do not recommend you wash them in a washer or dry in a dryer as it can damage the glitter. These are costumes so they need to be treated with care more than traditional clothing. They dry quickly as they are swim suit material. Please look at our Questions link and there we describe the best way to care for your tail. (Posted on 2/5/2014)
- does it go all the way to my sizeReview by justfabarmani mermaid
im a size 18 in junior girls and a size 6 in women can i get a tail is it even impossible asap response
Fin Fun: you would likely be a Size WS. Check the measurements and then you will know for sure. (Posted on 2/4/2014)
- wrong monofin?Review by mermaid stuff
I got a size 12 tail for Christmas in Caribbean pink and I got the junior monofin , I read some of the reviews and it is saying that the monofin junior is for up to size 10. Is that true did I get the wrong monofin and if I did is that a problem?
Fin Fun: yes, with a size 12 tail you really need the monofin pro. The monofin pro can stretch and fit in a size 10 tail but a monofin Jr in a size 12 tail will not stretch it enough. Please call us and we can help you. 208 932-0116 press option 1. (Posted on 2/2/2014)
- help me decide plz!Review by Mermaid Kat
I know you can't tell me what to get but I need your help! Its gonna take a long time to save up for a hundred doller swimsuit so I need to get the right one. Of course I'm n love with caribean sunset and carribean blue! I have a very white skin tone, orangey red hair, silverish eyes, and lots of freckles. What would look good on ME?? Please reply asap!
Fin Fun: I'm not sure what you really look like, but Orange is my favorite and I think it would look great with your hair. I also think it looks good with light, fair skin. If it doesn't work you can send it back unused and we can send you another one. We know it takes a lot to save up so good for you! (Posted on 1/30/2014)
- Is this true?Review by Mermaidlover:)
I heard this tail is new and I bought it a couple of months ago and I wondered if I could swim in it in an indoor pool for the first time without it getting scratched.
Fin Fun: Sure. This is a great tail. Have a great time with it. (Posted on 1/19/2014)
- Awesome Review by woodpecker
- Ever since I watched h2o just add water I have wanted a mermaid tail so I started looking on ebay and found a fin fun mermaid tail it looked awesome so I went to your site and looked at your tails they are awesome so I told my family and all my sisters (I have 5) have agreed. To save up for one for me then for another until we all have one, I have to wait for three months before we have enough money for one, and I am getting Caribbean Blue I can't wait (Posted on 1/15/2014)
- Love itReview by Blue mermaid
I got this tail for Crhistmas and it is awsome! Your website
has breathtaking mermaid tail colors and you have awsome little
toys and exsesories that other mermaid websites don't have
I mean shark fin,how fun is that! Anyway I also have a question
can I swim with my tail in a lake I am worried I will scratch it!:(
Well that's it thank you guys so much for making these amazing
tails keep doing what your doing!:) (Posted on 1/13/2014)
- So much better than the rest with a questionReview by Blue mermaid
I got this tail for Christmas and I love it!
You have the coolest website ever! I mean
a shark fin! How fun is that! No website
has your beautiful tails,I also like that you
have different categories of tails like scale
tails, Caribbean tails, and shimmer tails.
I also have a question for you fin fun, can
I swim in a rocky lake without scraping the tail?
Fin Fun: You should be okay. The Caribbean tails do great! (Posted on 1/12/2014)
- Do they last?Review by Ashley the mermaid dreamer
You dont know how bad i want a tail! But my mom thinks it wont last very long. So i think i soeak for everyone when i say do they last very long?!? She wont let me by one so i thought id ask you experts so i would have proof if they last long or not. Please answer back ASAP!
Fin Fun: It all depends how well you take care of it. We have tails that have lasted almost three years and the customers say they are still so fun. The quality of sewing and material is excellent so the only thing that will likely happen is it might fade some over time and the sparkles might come off in areas. Even if it only lasted a year (it will last longer) it would be only $5-$8 or so each month! Many say it is the greatest thing they ever purchased (read some of our testimonials www.finfunmermaid.com/reviews )! The monofin is excellent quality and it should last a long time. You can always buy just a new tail without the monofin if you want a new color or refresh it up. (Posted on 1/10/2014)
- Monofin Quetion Reply ASAP !!!Review by TheSirenGirls_Ariana
So I'm 13 and I wear a size 10 tail. but my foot size is 7-8. Should I still get the Jr. or should I get the Pro?
Fin Fun: If you are in between sizes and you are older (13) and a good swimmer you could get the mononfin pro and get it to fit inside a size 10 tail. (Posted on 1/6/2014)
- Monofin Sizes QuestionReview by TheSirensGirls_Arianna
So I'm 13 going on 14 and I'm a size 10 tail. The monofin concerns me though. The Jr. monofin is for size 10 tail yes but I wear a size7 to a 8 in shoes. Is this going to be a concern to me? Do I need to get the Pro. instead? Please reply ASAP.
Fin fun: Are you sure you are a size 10 tail at 14? If you could fit into the size 12 tail it would fit the monofin pro which would give you more room as it fits feet up to about a size 8. A Monofin pro fits any size foot up to a size 13+! (Posted on 1/6/2014)
- Colour ChoiceReview by The Pizza Peoples
I am probably getting a new skin for my Fin Fun Mono-fin for my Birthday this year and I was wondering should I ask for; The Caribbean Blue or the Midnight Reef? Please reply ASAP!!
P.S I love your Diamond Shimmer Tail!
Fin Fun: Everyone is asking us what color they should choose. It is hard for us to tell you as everyone is different so we can't tell you. They are both excellent tails and do really well and we don't get complaints at all about either one. You are making a great choice either way. (Posted on 1/5/2014)
- Can't Decide! HELP!Review by The Little Mermaid
I've seen many great people saying so many good things about their tails, but the problem is I can't decide!
The Caribbean sunset looks beautiful and looks like it would shimmer in the sun, But the Caribbean Blue comes in my favorite color and looks absolutely beautiful next to the water .
I have a darker skin (More like chocolate) and I was wondering which would look better on me?
I'm worried you'll run out soon, so please reply ASAP! Thanks! :)
Fin Fun: We are sorry but we really can't make that decision for you. However, lots of kids with darker skin look great in orange which would mean you choose the Sunset color. (Posted on 1/4/2014)
- A few questions...Review by Brookie the Cookie
Hi Fin Fun! I got one of your tails last year and i absolutely loved it! I was even more excited when your monofins came out! I decided to get another one.I fell in love with caribbean pink and this one! I didn't know if i should get, But then the Caribbean pink was out of stock! Now it's not even listed!(that or my computer might be doing something weird) Are they ever gonna come back in stock?
Answer: Fin Fun - These are very popular and we will eventually get all of our caribbean colors back in stock. We sold out of all our fabric and we are getting more made but it will still take a few weeks as we have to order a lot of fabric. (Posted on 1/1/2014)
- OMG!!!Review by The Tropical Mermaid
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
I got it for Christmas.....and I was ecstatic for quite a while. Some advice for some fellow 10 year olds with long legs (lol) I got this tail in a size 12 with the Fin Fun Monofin Pro. Fit perfectly! The monofin really propels me through the water. You probably hear this a lot, but Thank you so much for making these tails!! I accidentally stumbled upon your website, and I was hooked. Thank you so much! (Posted on 12/30/2013)
- WorriesReview by mermaid artimas
dear fin fun,
i really like your tails and i really want one but i have been told that they are hard to put on at the pool also that they fade if when you get out of the pool and the tail scrapes the pool cement the tail fades and gets really scratched? are the myths true?
Fin Fun: Our tails are the most comfortable around and they are not hard to put on. Just read the many reviews that talk about how comfortable they are. The Spandex really stretches and doesn't take much to put on, we promise. We choose colors and styles that do very well in pools and they are also chlorine resistant. but from time to time we might get a batch of fabric that doesn't do as well as we want but generally our tails look really good for a long-time if you follow the directions we provide. We promise our tails will be great and we follow that up with a satisfaction guarantee to make sure you are happy. As far as scrapping on the bottom of the pool, these are made of high quality spandex material (like a swimming suit) so while they are durable, they can have some sparkles come off or get small holes when you are in the pool after a while if you rub it. You need to be careful with it and treat it like a costume not a football uniform. :-) It should last a long time even if you do get a hole or two. (Posted on 12/26/2013)
- water logged?Review by ocean_girl
dear fin fun ,
i really want this tail but my parents say it is to expensive with the mono fin and swim suit set and my dad said that mermaid tails get water logged,is this true?Also do you guys ever have coupons for your tails?answer back ASAP!!!!!
Fin Fun: The monofin is very light and extremely comfortable. Our tails are also of light fabric (like a swim suit) so they do very well in the water. We sometimes offer coupons on our tails so like us on Facebook and stay tuned! www.facebook.com/finfunmermaid (Posted on 12/26/2013)
- Just got it!! Can't wait!!Review by Beachy Mermaid
My dad just got me it for Christmas. It's unfortunate that they don't have the bikini set, but I just got the Black Diamond Swim set for the tail. Hope it works! I only have a few concerns, but not much:
Dear Fin Fun,
I have a few questions/concerns. Do the blues show up well in the water? Would black look okay with the tail? Is the Black Diamond bikini top too sparkly/intense for the tail? Please reply ASAP..And thanks Fin Fun!
Fin Fun: The black is beautiful and should look great! (Posted on 12/11/2013)
- HELP ME!!!!!!!Review by super swimmer_101
I can't decide which one,Caribbean Blue or Diamond Shimmer please help me.
Fin Fun: These are two very different tails. The Diamond Shimmer is absolutely gorgeous beyond belief when it is in the sun. It turns into a rainbow of colors and will make you turn a lot of heads. The CB is also gorgeous but in a softer way. It is really your choice of the style you want to go for. Good luck! (Posted on 12/10/2013)
- ColorReview by Jen
I'm trying to decide between the Carribean Blue and Mediterranean Sea colors for my daughter. Any advice? The Mediterranean looks more sparkly in the picture.
Fin Fun: You are correct that the Med Sea is sparkly and really is beautiful in the sun. The Caribbean blue is one of my favorites and has sparkle on it as well, but not nearly as much. The Med Sea is very popular with our younger mermaids and the CB is a bit more with our older mermaids. Either way you can't lose! Good luck! (Posted on 12/9/2013)
- I love coming to this website and dreaming of buying a tail from you guys but the problem is i cant save money!Review by ashley the mermaid dreamer
Idream about your tails every second of every day yet i cant dseem to save money even though i get alot of it. What should i do to keep myself from spending my money?!?
Fin Fun: Dear Ashley the Mermaid Dreamer: This is great practice for you as saving money is very important and something that will be a blessing to you if you can learn how to do it now. Start saving and then let us know when you save enough. We will celebrate with you! (Posted on 12/7/2013)
- A major thank you and one qustionReview by Luna
I just got my tail yesterday and i am utterly thrilled, i haven't been able to keep a smile off my face all day. all i can think about is going swimming with it. it's totally beautiful. and other people here are right, the pictures will never be able to compare to the real thing. i do have one question though, and it's probably mentioned somewhere but here it goes. when i hang it up to dry, is it okay to dry it indoors, or does it have to dry outside, or vice versa? this is probably a stupid question, but i'm being cautious. i also want to thank you for making these tails. i know you probably get that a lot, but i feel a piece of my childhood returning. to anyone reading this that may be considering getting a tail. you are NEVER to old to dream. I'm fifteen and completely ecstatic. thank you so much fin fun for making a long lived childhood dream come true!
Fin Fun: You can dry it outside or inside. We are so happy that you are so happy! (Posted on 12/2/2013)
- QuestionReview by merchic223
My sister and I have to share a mermaid tail ( sadly ) but we cant agree on which one. Caribean Sunset, Pink tide, or this one. Which one fades the least?
Fin Fun Answer - Really all of our Caribbean styles have had excellent results. In the videos you will notice the Caribbean Sunset looks a little faded, but that is only because we received a large batch of material last summer that was a lighter shade. We have sense made the corrections and now the Caribbean Sunset is a bright orange/yellow look. I would say Orange or Blue are holding up the best and Pink is doing very well. We just haven't had it as long. The nice thing about these are they are tie dyed and will always look beautiful, even if they do fade. (Posted on 11/29/2013)
- I can't decideReview by Angelmermaid
Somebody took my mermaid tail and so my grandpa said it was his fault for not finding ti so he said he would buy me a new mermaid tail i don't know if i should except the offer if i do i don't know which tail i should get this beautiful caribbean blue mermaid tail or the turqoise blue scale tail??? HELP ME!!!!!!!!
So sorry that someone was so dishonest! You have a wonderful Grandpa. They are both wonderful. The blue Turquoise has more sparkles than the Caribbean Blue, but the Caribbean blue is my personal favorite. Both are much more beautiful in person than the pictures can show. (Posted on 11/28/2013)
- I don't know if I should get this one!!Review by MERMAID Indy
Dear Fin Fun: I do not know if I should get it? Witch ones are most populer??? Please act fast on telling me back!!!!
Fin Fun Mermaid - Our Caribbean Blue is one of our most popular tails and it would be a very good choice! (Posted on 11/14/2013)
- omgosh! I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!Review by Kitty
- I think I may get one for Christmas. I can not wait!! I want to swim in it every day when our pool for the neighborhood OPEN'S.It is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I SSSSUUUUUUPPPEEERRREEERR ddddddddddddouper Really want it (Posted on 11/13/2013)
- HELP ME CHOOSE!Review by HAPPY CHEESE
I don't know which one is better, the Caribbean blue or the Caribbean sunset! HELP ME DECIDE!
Fin Fun: Dear Happy Cheese. this is a tough choice as they are both beautiful in the water. If you want to be seen in a crowd then I would suggest you pick Caribbean Sunset. If you want to blend a little bit more then the blue is gorgeous but not quite so vibrant. Of course you can always by more than one if you like to try different kinds. They all can fit over a the same monofin. Good luck!!! (Posted on 11/4/2013)
- Help!!!!Review by Mermaidlover11
Okay so I really want a tail but idk which one! I watched h2o and theirs is orange I was going to get the one in orange sunset or the dark blue but idk which one! Which one pops more on the water? And is it comfortable? Is it hard to put on? Please help
Fin Fun - Orange is hard to beat if you are an h2o fan. Comfortable and easy to put on and the orange with the different colors is gorgeous. (Posted on 10/27/2013)
- Won't forget you!:)Review by Patricia
My mom is getting me this so thank you so much
Finfun. I will be sure to tell people about ur
Tails. I'm sure my niece will get jealous and want
One we are the same age and my friends will
Want one 2 (Posted on 10/12/2013)
- monofins and worriesReview by oceangirl_16
dear fun fin i was wondering if the monofin would fit on the smaller tail or vice virsa also im worried that when i get my mermaid tail and swim in it it will shrink and i wont be able to send it back!!!! I really want to get one but my worries are stoping me and i dont know what to do!!!!!AAAAAAH!!!
Fin Fun Response - Dear Oceangirl. We understand that you need to select a tail that will fit you. The fabric really stretches so you don't have to worry about it being too small if you pick the size that is closest to you. The monofin is wonderful, but you should choose the size that goes with the tail. You can still get either one to fit, but it will really stretch if you get a monofin pro in the 6-10 size tails and it will be too lose if you try to put a monofin Jr in a 12-16 tail. If you are close to the larger size, you can always get a bigger size and wear a pin to hold it until you grow into it. You can call one of our great and friendly customer service reps at 208 932-0116 and press option 1 and they will help you. (Posted on 10/11/2013)
- I want oneReview by Sophie
I would love a tail. I have been told to buy a slightly larger size as I have been told they shrink. Is this true?
Fin Fun: Hi Sophie, the best bet is to check our size chart on our website and get the tail that fits your current size. Our scale tails stretch more than others and most of our tails will stretch more after time not less. Be sure to check our size charts and FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page for more information. The size charts are little yellow rulers on each product page that has a size chart. (Posted on 10/4/2013)
- care and keepingReview by Oona
- thanks, FinFun :) for all of you who are thinking about getting tails they are FANTASTIC! they require some easy maintenance, just follow the instructions and clean after EVERY swim :) you are gonna LOVE you tail <3 (Posted on 9/8/2013)
- Omg best tail ever!!!!!!!Review by Zozobunny
- This tail is so pretty!!! I can swim faster with the mono fin!!!!! Thank you for making my dreams come true!!!!!!! (Posted on 9/7/2013)
- 1 more questionReview by Riley
ok so 1 more question....i am still trying to decide about those 2 tails...so i was wondering if you could see the monofin through the fabric of the Caribbean sunset tail when it is wet and dry!
Fin Fun answer: You do not see the monofin through the fabric. (Posted on 9/6/2013)
- carribean blueReview by Riley
Ok so I am thinking of getting this tail but I also like the Carribean sunset! I would like to know which one is more popular! And I would like to know if the sparkles wear off easily! Finfun can you help?
Fin Fun - These are both great tails and they both last a long time and the sparkles have done well. Caribbean Sunset has been out longer so we have sold many more tails, but last week our Caribbean blue was the #1 color of the week. You can't go wrong with either one. (Posted on 9/5/2013)
- dryingReview by chloe
It takes like one day for the tail line dry. It takes the monofin three days is there any other way to dry the monofin faster?
Fin Fun: The monofin can dry much quicker as long as you take the insert out of the neoprene cover. Be sure to leave it in the sun. You can also turn it inside out as well to help decrease drying time. The reality is that this are made from the highest quality neoprene that is made for deep sea diving, so they can still be worn even if they are still wet. (Posted on 9/5/2013)
- I want one sooooo badlyReview by Hannah
- It's sooo prettty an I tested one cuz my friend has one and I swam circles around her. (Posted on 9/3/2013)
- OMGReview by bella
- I got the tail and monofin for my birthday, it is so pretty!!!! The Caribbean Blue tail makes you look like a real mermaid. When I first put it on I thought it would be hard to swim in but it is really easy and comfortable!!!! My friend is getting one too!!!!! I took mine to Disney World and all the little girls kept following me!!! A lot of people asked me where I got my tail!! Thank you Fin Fun Mermaid Tails!!!!! (Posted on 9/2/2013)
- OMG LOVE ITReview by brie
- I'M GETING IT. I just love the way it looks. Caribbean blue is my favorite and purple.IT looks so real. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the water.This brand a very good and it is not a lot of money too. I don't have pool but two my aunt does or I can also go to the beach. But the only problem is that school starts in five days and summer is. Wait one min I know where I can,to an indoor pool.FIN FUN MERMAIDS ROCK :D (Posted on 8/29/2013)
- SweetReview by Merlover
This tail is amazing my BFF had this exact tail and its so beautiful
I swam in it and its really easy to use (Posted on 8/24/2013)
- i love it!!Review by Oona
i love my new tail! it's so beautiful!! my friend and i have swam in her pool in her backyard with no problem but when we went to our community pool we were not allowed to wear the actual tails! Please give me some backup to why we should be allowed and that Fin Fun mermaid tails are totally safe. Thank you :)
Fin Fun - Thanks for your question. We think they are just not familiar yet with the popularity of these tails, but we are confident that as time goes by they will begin to relax and see that they are really fun. We do support that no one wear a tail unless they are good swimmers. Certainly you should never swim in the deep end until you become comfortable with these and having a gaurdian around is super important. They aren't hard and thousands of girls swim in mermaid tails every day. It is just a matter of time and with more people asking to swim and they learn about them they will begin to better understand. ;-) (Posted on 8/23/2013)
- so excitedReview by bella
- I am getting one for my birthday I think this tail looks so pretty and my friend is getting one too. My birthday is in five days I am taking my tail to Disney world!!!!!! (Posted on 8/22/2013)
- better and betterReview by chloe
i used to have problems with my old fin fun,this is just beautiful! I just love the way it sparkles.
!i used my own mono fin,it looked flawy and very pretty in the water!i reccomend it to any girl like me,a girl thats upsessed with mermaids. (Posted on 8/18/2013)
Write Your Own Review
Is a Monofin right for you? Are you an excellent swimmer with a great dolphin kick? Are you an advanced swimmer ready to practice the dolphin kick? Can you swim in the deep end? If you answer yes to those, you're probably ready to pick out your Fin Fun Monofin!
Our Fin Fun Monofins have been specially designed to appear realistic, feel light in the water, fit a wide variety of sizes comfortably, and help you swim fast!
There is so much information (and great videos) about our monofins, that we can't fit it all on this page! You'll definitely want to read all about our monofins here. There you'll be able to view monofin videos and learn how to use the monofin: how to put it on, swim with it, and take proper care of it!
Don't forget to check out our monofin safety precautions!
Curious about Monofin sizing? Find out which size is best for you.
Still lost? You can also check the Monofin FAQ page for answers to common questions.